What’s sad is that a lot of the comments about the sexy, mostly covered ladies are from other women. Fact: women slut shame each other. Some men too, but not nearly as many. It’s in our DNA but surely we can be better than that.
Today at the Disney Store
- Woman yelling at her daughter: For God's sake, you are 23 and you DO NOT need a Pooh stuffed animal.
- Daughter: I want it and I'm buying it.
- Woman: This is ridiculous.
- Me: If it makes you feel any better, I'm 19 and I just bought a doll for myself.
- All the other CMs: Yeah, you're never too old for Disney.
- And the random guy in line with an entire Vinylmation box: To be honest, these are for me.
Just close your eyes. Just give it a try. Maybe you’ll see what’s really there… standing right in front of you. It ain’t ghosts, Linden. It ain’t the dead.
I never had a real house to grow up in. No home. I never belonged anywhere. And all my life I was looking for that thing, you know? Thinking that it was out there somewhere. And all I had to do was find it.